Murawski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Murawski surname was a habitational name, taken on from any of several place names such as Morawa, Morawce, Morawczewice, or Morawka, all of which are derived from "morawa," which denotes a "wet grassy area."
Early Origins of the Murawski family
The surname Murawski was first found in Plocki, or Plock, the capital of the duchy of Mazovia from 1138 to 1351, where Murawski of the Clan Dabrowa were documented from around 1500.
Early History of the Murawski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Murawski research. Another 138 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1502, 1674, 1647, 1096, 1633, 1700, 1678 and 1680 are included under the topic Early Murawski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Murawski Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Murawski, Morawski and others.
Early Notables of the Murawski family (pre 1700)
Prominent among those of the name Murawski in this period were Jan Morawski (1633-1700), Polish Jesuit, theological writer. Of yeomanry (drobna szlachta) descent, his parents were perhaps...
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Murawski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Murawski migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Murawski Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antoni Murawski, aged 38, who arrived in America from Okalew, Russia, in 1907
- Jan Murawski, aged 24, who arrived in America from Bialoglony, Austria, in 1907
- Piotr Murawski, aged 17, who arrived in America from Vlaton, Russia, in 1907
- Stanislaw Murawski, aged 8, who arrived in America from Neustedt, Russia, in 1907
- Roman Murawski, aged 30, who arrived in America from Winnica, Russia, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Murawski (post 1700) +
- Thomas J. Murawski, American politician, Village President of Midlothian, Illinois, 2005-09; Defeated, 2009 
- Gerald Murawski, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Michigan State House of Representatives 10th District, 1978 
- Scott Murawski (b. 1956), American rock guitarist
- Bob Murawski (b. 1964), American film editor, recipient of the 2010 Academy Award, BAFTA, and A.C.E. awards for his work on the feature film, The Hurt Locker
- Radoslaw Murawski (b. 1994), Polish footballer
- Rafal Murawski (b. 1981), Polish football midfielder
- Maciej Murawski (b. 1974), Polish former footballer
- Shaun Murawski, Scottish photographer, the youngest photographer to ever be selected to take a formal portrait of Her Majesty The Queen
Related Stories +