Mulder History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Mulder family name has long been found in region known today as the Netherlands. It is unclear whether the name moved to the region from Germany, or arose independently in Holland. Mulder is an occupational name for a miller, derived from the Old Germanic "Mulinari."
Early Origins of the Mulder family
The surname Mulder was first found in Southern Germany, where they were established in the Middle Ages. The name is the German form of the Latin name "Molinarius," "Mulinari" in Old German. The modern form of the name, Mueller, is documented early on in the chronicles of Swabia, wherein the knight Conrad von Husen is noted as having become known as Mueller for his ownership of a mill.
Early History of the Mulder family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mulder research. Another 238 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1693, 1670, 1752, 1807, 1610, 1668, 1630 and 1676 are included under the topic Early Mulder History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mulder Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mueller, Muller, Mueler, Muler, Miller, Moeller, Moller, Muellner, Milner, Molner, Molenauer, Molenaar and many more.
Early Notables of the Mulder family (pre 1700)
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mulder Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mulder migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mulder Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Cornelis Stevens Mulder, aged 21, who arrived in New York in 1660 
- Joshua Mulder, who landed in Virginia in 1673 
Mulder Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Balthasar Mulder, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1787 
Mulder Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Clara Mulder, aged 4, who landed in New York, NY in 1847 
- Aaltje J Mulder, aged 55, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1847 
- Agathe Mulder, aged 28, who landed in New York, NY in 1847 
- Gertrude Mulder, aged 43, who landed in New York, NY in 1847 
- Lucas Mulder, aged 48, who arrived in New York, NY in 1847 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Mulder (post 1700) +
- Richard Mulder (b. 1938), American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Minnesota, 2004 
- Leland E. Mulder (b. 1925), American Democrat politician, Member of Wisconsin State Assembly from La Crosse County 2nd District; Defeated, 1956; Elected 1958; Candidate for U.S. Representative from Wisconsin 3rd District, 1986 
- John B. Mulder, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Michigan, 1908 
- Enrique Mulder (b. 1856), American politician, U.S. Consular Agent in Vigo, 1897-98, 1900-16 
- Eldon Mulder, American Republican politician, Member of Alaska State House of Representatives 23rd District, 2001 
- Benjamin A. Mulder, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Michigan, 1900 (alternate), 1936 
- Arlene J. Mulder, American politician, Village President of Arlington Heights, Illinois, 2005-09 
- Grant R. Mulder, Major General in the United States Air Force
- Dave W. Mulder (b. 1939), American politician, Iowa State Senator
- Tyler Mulder (b. 1987), American track and field athlete
- ... (Another 36 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 27) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html