Mosser History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mosser family
The surname Mosser was first found in Swabia, where the name became noted for its many branches within the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied and enrolled by the princes of the region. Chronicles first mention Rudolph in dem mose of Wuerttemberg in 1269, and Hainrich in dem Mos of Tyrol in 1379. In their later history the family became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as their influence grew.
Early History of the Mosser family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mosser research. Another 302 words (22 lines of text) covering the years 1482, 1534, 1558, 1573, 1574, 1606, 1701, 1715, 1759, 1764, 1765, 1785, and 1818 are included under the topic Early Mosser History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mosser Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Moser, Mosier, Moeser, Moesier, Mosser, Mozer and others.
Early Notables of the Mosser family (pre 1700)
Notables with the surname Mosser during this period were Johann Jakob Moser (1701-1785), a German jurist and professor at Tuebingen who was imprisoned from 1759 to 1764 for speaking...
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mosser Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mosser migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mosser Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Marea Mosser, aged 10, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1732 
- Anna Margreatte Mosser, aged 8, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732 
- Basion Mosser, aged 6, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1732 
- Even Mosser, aged 40, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1732 
- Even Barber Mosser, aged 56, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Mosser (post 1700) +
- Jake Mosser, American actor, best known for playing the role of Andy Wilson in Another Gay Sequel: Gays Gone Wild! in 2008
- Thomas R. Mosser, American founder of the Mosser Glass company, making handmade glass, in Cambridge, Ohio, in 1970
- Thomas Mid Mosser, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Montana State Senate 32nd District, 2010 
- Thomas Mosser, American politician, Representative from Texas 1st District, 1994 
- Oliver E. Mosser, American Republican politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly from Kings County 1st District, 1924 
- Harry Mosser, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1944, 1948 
- Charles M. Mosser, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania 2nd District, 1944 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html