Mossberg History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mossberg family
The surname Mossberg was first found in Swabia, where the name became noted for its many branches within the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied and enrolled by the princes of the region. Chronicles first mention Rudolph in dem mose of Wuerttemberg in 1269, and Hainrich in dem Mos of Tyrol in 1379. In their later history the family became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as their influence grew.
Important Dates for the Mossberg family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mossberg research. Another 302 words (22 lines of text) covering the years 1482, 1534, 1558, 1573, 1574, 1606, 1701, 1715, 1759, 1764, 1765, 1785, and 1818 are included under the topic Early Mossberg History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mossberg Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Moser, Mosier, Moeser, Moesier, Mosser, Mozer and others.
Early Notables of the Mossberg family (pre 1700)
Notables with the surname Mossberg during this period were Johann Jakob Moser (1701-1785), a German jurist and professor at Tuebingen who was imprisoned from 1759 to 1764 for speaking...
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mossberg Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mossberg migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mossberg Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Nils M Mossberg, who landed in Schuyler County, Illinois in 1871 
- Hulda Mossberg, aged 25, who landed in America, in 1892
- Ida S. Mossberg, aged 19, who immigrated to the United States, in 1893
Mossberg Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Frank Mossberg, aged 50, who immigrated to the United States, in 1908
- Dwoire Mossberg, who landed in America, in 1914
- Erik Mossberg, aged 23, who immigrated to the United States, in 1918
- Harry Valentin Mossberg, aged 19, who immigrated to America, in 1921
- Harry Mossberg, aged 19, who landed in America, in 1922
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Mossberg (post 1700)
- Nels M. Mossberg, American Democrat politician, Postmaster at Willmar, Minnesota, 1887-88 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html