Moscoso History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Moscoso family
The surname Moscoso was first found in Pisa a town in Tuscany, capital of the province of Pisa. Historically, Pisa in it's inter city war in 1003 with Lucca was forced into building its own navy. Then, under threat from the Saracens from Sicily, it found itself the aggressor against Calabria, Sicily and even in Africa. In 1062 their ships returned from Palermo laden with spoil. But with the Norman Conquest of Sicily they became less profitable. They continued considerable rivalry with Florence and Genoa. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Moscoso family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Moscoso research. Another 112 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1016, 1167, 1550, 1732, 1530 and 1593 are included under the topic Early Moscoso History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Moscoso Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mosca, Moschi, Musca, Muscas, Moschella, Moschelli, Moscarella, Moscarello, Moschetta, Moschetto, Moschini, Moscon and many more.
Early Notables of the Moscoso family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Moscoso Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Moscoso migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Moscoso Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Luis De Moscoso, who landed in Florida in 1838 
- Jose Moscoso, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1855 
- Isabel De Moscoso, who arrived in Peru in 1892 
Contemporary Notables of the name Moscoso (post 1700) +
- Luis Moscoso, American Washington State Representatives
- Teodoro Moscoso (1910-1992), American Democrat politician, U.S. Ambassador to Venezuela, 1961; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Puerto Rico, 1964 
- Luis S. Moscoso, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Washington, 2004, 2008 
- Justin Moscoso, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from California 6th District, 2000 
- Luis de Moscoso (1505-1551), Spanish explorer and conquistador
- Teodoro Moscoso (1910-1992), Puerto Rican politician
- Victor Moscoso (b. 1936), Spanish artist
- Juan Carlos Moscoso (b. 1982), Salvadoran footballer
- Gustavo Moscoso (b. 1955), retired Chilean football player
- Guillermo A. Moscoso (b. 1983), Venezuelan professional baseball pitcher
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 1) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html