Early Origins of the Moschetti family
The surname Moschetti was first found in Pisa a town in Tuscany
, capital of the province of Pisa. Historically, Pisa in it's inter city war in 1003 with Lucca was forced into building its own navy. Then, under threat from the Saracens from Sicily
, it found itself the aggressor against Calabria, Sicily
and even in Africa. In 1062 their ships returned from Palermo laden with spoil. But with the Norman Conquest
they became less profitable. They continued considerable rivalry with Florence and Genoa. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Moschetti family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Moschetti research.Another 112 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1016, 1167, 1550, 1732, 1530 and 1593 are included under the topic Early Moschetti History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Moschetti Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Mosca, Moschi, Musca, Muscas, Moschella, Moschelli, Moscarella, Moscarello, Moschetta, Moschetto, Moschini, Moscon and many more.
Early Notables of the Moschetti family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Moschetti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Moschetti family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Moschetti Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Matteo Moschetti, aged 33, who arrived in America from Palma, Italy, in 1893
Moschetti Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Arturo Moschetti, aged 26, who arrived in America from Aversa, Italy, in 1907
- Alexandro Moschetti, aged 34, who arrived in America from Montorio, Roma, in 1909
- Giuseppe Moschetti, aged 28, who arrived in America from Apricena, Italy, in 1909
- Ilario Moschetti, aged 27, who arrived in America from Portigliola, Italy, in 1909
- Carmela Moschetti, aged 3, who arrived in America from Napoli, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Moschetti (post 1700)
- Roxanne Moschetti, American Child Development professor at California State University, Northridge
- Thomas Moschetti, American accounting professor at San Jose State University, San Jose, California
- Mike Moschetti, American former Colorado football quarterback, 1998 Offensive Newcomer of the Year
- Giulio Moschetti (1849-1909), Italian sculptor
Moschetti Family Crest Products