Monzo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Monzo family
The surname Monzo was first found in Calabria a territorial district of Italy. Ancient Calabria was in Lecce. Modern Calabria is in the southern extremity of Italy coasting the straits of Messina. Reggio and Messina are the cities of note. This beautiful region produces wine. Olive oil and fruit. Reggio was heavily bombed during WWII because of its strategical link with Sicily. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Monzo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Monzo research. Another 217 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1484 and 1762 are included under the topic Early Monzo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Monzo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Monsolini, Mansolini, Manzolini, Monsorio, Mansorio, Monzolini, Mansolilli, Manzolilli, Manzolelli, Mansoria and many more.
Early Notables of the Monzo family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Monzo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Monzo is the 15,403rd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Monzo migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Monzo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bonifacio Monzo, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860 
- Carmine Monzo, who settled in Ohio in 1879
Monzo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Agostino Monzo, aged 17, who landed in America from Agropoli, Italy, in 1904
- Antonio Monzo, aged 30, who settled in America from Stella Celinto, Italy, in 1911
- Carmine Monzo, aged 46, who landed in America from Amiguano, Italy, in 1912
- Antonio Monzo, aged 14, who landed in America from Amiguano, Italy, in 1912
- Angelo Monzo, aged 27, who immigrated to the United States from Stella, Cilento, Italy, in 1923
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Monzo (post 1700) +
- José Pascual Monzo (b. 1952), Spanish politician
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)