Mohler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Mohler surname is derived from the Low German word "möhl," which means "mill." Thus the name originally denoted one who lived near or worked in a mill.
Early Origins of the Mohler family
The surname Mohler was first found in Wurtemberg and Bavaria, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name Mahler became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
Early History of the Mohler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mohler research. Another 80 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1723, 1807, 1796 and 1838 are included under the topic Early Mohler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mohler Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mohler, Möhler, Möhle, Möhlman and many more.
Early Notables of the Mohler family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mohler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Mohler is the 6,259th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
Mohler migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mohler Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Lutwig Mohler, who arrived in America in 1730 
- Heinrich Mohler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Henry Mohler, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1761 
- Jacob Mohler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1761 
- Ludwick Mohler, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1761 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Mohler Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Frederick Mohler, who landed in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1833 
- Fritz Mohler, who landed in Texas in 1850-1906 
Contemporary Notables of the name Mohler (post 1700) +
- James Larue Mohler, American Professor in the Department of Computer Graphics Technology at Purdue University
- Ernest Follette "Kid" Mohler (1870-1961), American Major League Baseball player who played in 1894 for the Washington Senators, inducted into the Pacific Coast League Hall of Fame in 2012
- Billy Mohler, American Grammy Award nominated producer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist
- Richard Albert Mohler Jr., (b. 1959), American theologian, the 9th President of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Mary Elizabeth Mohler (b. 1984), American World Championship two-time gold medalist and four-time silver medalist swimmer
- Michael Ross "Mike" Mohler (b. 1968), American Major League Baseball player who played from 1993 to 2001
- R. Michael Mohler, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Virginia, 2000, 2004 
- Howard Mohler, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Kansas, 1972 
- Ethel M. Mohler, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from California 43rd District, 2002 
- Edward A. Mohler, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Maryland, 1996, 2000 
- ... (Another 6 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html