on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Mizell family come from? What is the German Mizell family crest and coat of arms? When did the Mizell family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Mizell family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Meisel, Misel, Meissel, Meissl, Meisl, Misl, Maisel, Meysel, Maysel, Maysl, Meysl, Meyssel and many more.
First found in Austria, where the family was anciently associated with the political and religious conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. The family founded numerous branches, many of which acquired manors and estates in surrounding regions, where they contributed to the prosperity of their society.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mizell research. Another 315 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1775, 1807, and 1853 are included under the topic Early Mizell History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 63 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mizell Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mizell Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Rose Mizell, who arrived in America in 1910
- Geo. C. Mizell, aged 35, who settled in America in 1914
- Maxwell Mizell, aged 22, who arrived in America in 1921
- Elizah Mizell, aged 28, who arrived in America in 1921
- Wilmer David "Vinegar Bend" Mizell (1930-1999), American Major League Baseball left-handed pitcher
- William "Hank" M. Mizell (1923-1992), American singer, guitarist and songwriter, best-remembered for his single "Jungle Rock" (1958)
- Cameron Mizell (b. 1983), American record producer
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
The Mizell Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Mizell Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 April 2013 at 02:50.
on orders of $85 or more