Mize History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mize family
The surname Mize was first found in Austria, where the family was anciently associated with the political and religious conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. The family founded numerous branches, many of which acquired manors and estates in surrounding regions, where they contributed to the prosperity of their society.
Early History of the Mize family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mize research. Another 178 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1775, 1807, and 1853 are included under the topic Early Mize History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mize Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Meisel, Misel, Meissel, Meissl, Meisl, Misl, Maisel, Meysel, Maysel, Maysl, Meysl, Meyssel and many more.
Early Notables of the Mize family (pre 1700)
During this period prominent bearers of the name Mize were Ernst Adolph von Meissel, who served as Lord Chamberlain to the Queen of Sweden. Karl Meisl (1775-1853) was a Viennese playwrite with...
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mize Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mize migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mize Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- E. A. Mize, who landed in America, in 1906
- R. H. Mize, who immigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Paul Mize, aged 21, who landed in America, in 1920
- L. Mize, aged 33, who immigrated to America, in 1922
Contemporary Notables of the name Mize (post 1700) +
- Sidney Carr Mize (1888-1965), American jurist, Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi (1937–1965)
- Ola Lee Mize (1931-2014), United States Army officer, recipient of the Medal of Honor for his actions in the Korean War
- Chester Louis Mize (1917-1994), American politician, U.S. Representative from Kansas (1965-1971)
- William Robert "Billy" Mize (1929-2017), American steel guitarist, band leader, vocalist, songwriter, and television show host
- Cheyenne Marie Mize, American folk singer-songwriter
- Lawrence Hogan "Larry" Mize (b. 1958), American professional PGA golfer
- John Robert "Johnny" Mize (1913-1993), American Major League Baseball player, inductee into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1981
Related Stories +
Suggested Readings for the name Mize +
- 2820 The Isaac Mize Family of Eastern Kentucky by Franklin Miller, Mize Genealogy in America by Joel Sanford Mize.