Misener History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Misener belongs to a class of local surname, which are derived from the place where the original bearer lived or held land. Misener is a habitational surname, and is derived from an already- existing place name. The original bearer of the surname Misener lived in the town of Meissen, in the Saxony region of Germany.
Early Origins of the Misener family
The surname Misener was first found in Meissen, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. The name refers to the city or principality of Meissen, now a part of Saxony. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs.
Early History of the Misener family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Misener research. Another 149 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1372, 1411, 1436, 1753, 1803, 1822, 1848, and 1866 are included under the topic Early Misener History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Misener Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Meissner, Meisner, Misener, Meissener, Meisener, Misner, Meixner, Meichsner, Mechsner, Mexner and many more.
Early Notables of the Misener family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Misener at this time were Der Meissner, who was a Middle-High German poet of the late 13th century. August Gottlieb Meissner (1753-1803) was a professor in Prague before becoming the director of the Lyceum...
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Misener Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Misener migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Misener Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Leonard Misener U.E. who settled in Canada c. 1784 
Misener Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Peter Misener, who landed in Canada in 1841
- William Misener, who arrived in Canada in 1841
Contemporary Notables of the name Misener (post 1700) +
- Roy B. Misener, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Washington, 1940 
Related Stories +
- ^ Rubincam, Milton. The Old United Empire Loyalists List. Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc, 1976. (Originally published as; United Empire Loyalists. The Centennial of the Settlement of Upper Canada. Rose Publishing Company, 1885.) ISBN 0-8063-0331-X
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 4) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html