Mior History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mior family
The surname Mior was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Mior family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mior research. Another 126 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1333, 1440, 1666, 1805, 1684 and 1734 are included under the topic Early Mior History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mior Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Migliori, Migliore, Miori, Mior, Miorelli, Miorel, Miglioretti, Migliorini, Migliorino, Mejorin, Miorin, Miurin, Mioranza, Migliorati and many more.
Early Notables of the Mior family (pre 1700)
Another 26 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mior Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mior migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mior Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Leasor Mior, aged 36, who settled in America, in 1894
Mior Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Luigi Mior, aged 45, who immigrated to the United States from Mortano, Italy, in 1913
- Evaristo Mior, aged 17, who landed in America from Morsano, Italy, in 1913
- Giovanni Mior, aged 22, who immigrated to the United States from Chions, Italy, in 1914
- Erminio Mior, aged 23, who settled in America from S Vito, Al Tagliamento, Udine Italy, in 1920
- Marius Mior, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1920
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +