Early Origins of the Minutillo family
The surname Minutillo was first found in Naples, (Italian: Napoli, Latin: Neapolis) former capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies in southern Italy; it is the chief city of the province of Naples. It shares with Instanbul the claim to be the most beautiful city in Europe. Naples has 237 Churches and 57 Chapels. The National Museum and other galleries contain riches in art and artifacts. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Minutillo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Minutillo research.Another 267 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1064, 1356, 1327, 1483, 1412, 1382, 1389, 1396 and 1406 are included under the topic Early Minutillo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Minutillo Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Minutillo, Minotillo, Minutolo, Minutoli and others.
Early Notables of the Minutillo family (pre 1700)
By the end of the 15th century, southern Italy was known as the Kingdom of Naples, ruled by the house of Aragon
. By the early eighteenth century, the Austrians had gained much of the region, under the rule of the Austrian
emperor Kales VI. However, in 1734, Spaniard Don Carlos defeated... Another 102 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Minutillo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Minutillo family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Minutillo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alfonso Minutillo, age 34, who arrived in America on May 13, 1884 aboard the "Burgundia"
- Vincenzo Minutillo, age 39, who arrived in America on Oct. 15, 1887, aboard the "Britannic"
- Francesco Minutillo, age 34, who arrived in America on March 22, 1893, aboard the "Alesia
Minutillo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anna Minutillo, aged 40, who emigrated to the United States from Castelmorro, Italy, in 1907
- Francesco Minutillo, aged 28, who landed in America from Maranola, Italy, in 1911
- Andrea Minutillo, aged 19, who settled in America from Maranola, Italy, in 1911
- Angelo Minutillo, aged 36, who landed in America from Maranda, Italy, in 1912
- Michelo Minutillo, aged 16, who emigrated to the United States from Moranole, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Minutillo (post 1700)