Minnich History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Minnich family
The surname Minnich was first found in Austria, where the name Minnich became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Minnich family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Minnich research. Another 51 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Minnich History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Minnich Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Minnich, Minnisch, Miniwitz, Minischevits and others.
Early Notables of the Minnich family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Minnich Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Minnich is the 8,365th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Minnich migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Minnich Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Matthias Minnich, who made his home in Pennsylvania in 1728
- Hans Minnich, who settled in Philadelphia in 1754
- Hans Minnich, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1754 
Minnich Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Nicholas Minnich, who was naturalized in Ohio in 1809
- Georg Minnich, who immigrated to Kentucky in 1845
- Franz Minnich, a German mercenary who settled in America after fighting in the Revolutionary War
Contemporary Notables of the name Minnich (post 1700) +
- Scott A Minnich, American associate professor of microbiology at the University of Idaho
- Robert Minnich (b. 1962), American professional baseball player
- L. Arthur Minnich (1918-1990), American historian and archivest for Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Dr. Elizabeth Minnich, American academic, Senior Fellow, the Association of American Colleges & Universities
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)