Millette History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Millette family
The surname Millette was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France where the family has been traced from ancient times.
The family branched into Ile-de-France, Bourgogne, Dauphiné, Lorraine, Savoie, and they became the Barons of Challes and Barons of Faverges. Among the most recognized were: Theodore Millet, Colonel, who was named Knight of the Empire in 1810, then Baron of the Empire in 1813; Jean-François Millet (1814-1875), who was a talented painter, designer, and engraver. Today, parts of France are proud to be associated with such a dedicated family.
Early History of the Millette family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Millette research. Another 115 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1450, 1539, 1572, 1582, 1686, 1719, 1810, 1813, 1814, and 1875 are included under the topic Early Millette History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Millette Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Millet, Milliet, Millez, Millais, Millay, Millets, Milet, Milez, Milais, Milets, Milay, de Millet and many more.
Early Notables of the Millette family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family at this time was Theodore Millet, Colonel, Knight of the Empire; Francisque Millet (1642-1679), also known as Jean-François Milée or Millet I, a...
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Millette Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Millette migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Millette Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Percival C. Millette, who settled in New York in 1836
Contemporary Notables of the name Millette (post 1700) +
- Robert E. Millette, American Ambassador of Grenada to the United Nations from 1995 to 1998
- LeRoy Francis Millette Jr. (b. 1949), American jurist, Justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia (2009-)
- Joseph Anthony Millette (b. 1966), American Major League Baseball shortstop who played for the Philadelphia Phillies in 1992 and 1993
- Jean-Louis Millette (1935-1999), Canadian actor and writer from Quebec
- Jacynthe Millette Bilodeau (b. 1979), Canadian pop singer
Related Stories +