Mikulski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The surname Mikulski is derived from the Polish root word "mak" meaning "poppy."
Early Origins of the Mikulski family
The surname Mikulski was first found in Polesie, the largest province of Poland. It is inhabited by Ruthenians, called Polesians, of Ukrainian descent. The main towns are those of Brest Litovsk, Pinsk, Kobryn, Kamenets, Litovsk, and Luninets. It was in this province that the renowned Radziwills and Sapiehas held their vast estates. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family. The surname was first found in Krakow.
Early History of the Mikulski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mikulski research.Another 324 words (23 lines of text) covering the years 1496, 1610, 1623, 1644, 1662, and 1683 are included under the topic Early Mikulski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mikulski Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Makowski, Makosiej, Makowieski, Makulski, Makocki, Mekowski, Mikowski and many more.
Early Notables of the Mikulski family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mikulski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Mikulski family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mikulski Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Gonas Mikulski, aged 30, who emigrated to America, in 1895
Mikulski Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Arcadim Mikulski, aged 18, who emigrated to the United States from Owin, Russia, in 1908
- Bronislaw Mikulski, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States from Zamoscic, Russia, in 1909
- Helena Mikulski, aged 29, who landed in America from Prontnicja, Austria, in 1910
- Alexander Mikulski, aged 23, who settled in America from Helenorowka, Galicia, in 1911
- Andrzej Mikulski, aged 20, who landed in America from Rostoka, Russia, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Mikulski (post 1700)
- Barbara Ann Mikulski (b. 1936), the senior United States Senator from Maryland
- Barbara Ann Mikulski (b. 1936), American Democrat politician, U.S. Representative from Maryland 3rd District, 1977-87; U.S. Senator from Maryland, 1987- CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 23) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Stanislaw Mikulski (1929-2014), Polish theatre, television, cinema actor
- Marek Mikulski (b. 1981), Polish Greco-Roman wrestler who competed in the 2008 Summer Olympics
Mikulski Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 23) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html