An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Migliaccio was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Migliori, Migliore, Miori, Mior, Miorelli, Miorel, Miglioretti, Migliorini, Migliorino, Mejorin, Miorin, Miurin, Mioranza, Migliorati and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Migliaccio research. Another 251 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1333, 1440, 1666, 1805, 1684 and 1734 are included under the topic Early Migliaccio History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Migliaccio Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Vincenzo Migliori, who arrived in New York in 1893; aboard the Chandernagor, as well as Luigi Migliori, who arrived in New York in 1891 aboard the Burgundia..
The Migliaccio Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Migliaccio Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 January 2014 at 14:04.