on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Czech, Polish
Where did the Polish Michalowski family come from? What is the Polish Michalowski family crest and coat of arms? When did the Michalowski family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Michalowski family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Michalowski Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anastezia Michalowski, aged 34, who emigrated to the United States from Georgenburg, Russia, in 1909
- Augustin Michalowski, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from Szankomi, Russia, in 1909
- Adam Michalowski, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States from Kolezlanki, Russia, in 1910
- Alexec Michalowski, aged 26, who landed in America from Kitrosy, Russia, in 1910
- Anna Michalowski, aged 17, who landed in America from Kamino, Russia, in 1912
- Kazimierz Józef Marian Michalowski (1901-1981), Polish archaeologist and Egyptologist, the founder of Nubiology
- Aleksander Michalowski (1851-1938), Polish pianist, pedagogue and composer
- Piotr Michalowski (1800-1855), Polish painter of the Romantic period
- Sébastien Michalowski (b. 1978), retired French football defender
- Mark Michalowski (b. 1963), English editor of Shout!
- Boniecki, Adam. Szymon Konarski, and Artur . Herbarz Polski Polish Armorial, 16 Volumes. Poland: Wydawnictwa Artystyczne i Filmowe, 1907. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Jones, Stephen. The History of Poland: From Its Origin as a Nation to the Year 1795. London: Vernor and Hood, 1795. Print.
- Hoffman, William F. Polish Surnames: Origins and Meanings. 2nd Ed. Chicago: Polish Genealogical Society of America, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0-924207-04-3).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Co., 1964. Print.
- Holskins, Janina. Polish Genealogy and Heraldry An Introduction to Research. Washington: Library of Congress, 1987. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Michalowski Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Michalowski Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 December 2014 at 13:26.
on orders of $85 or more