on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Czech, Polish
Where did the Polish Michalowski family come from? What is the Polish Michalowski family crest and coat of arms? When did the Michalowski family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Michalowski family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Michalowski Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anastezia Michalowski, aged 34, who emigrated to the United States from Georgenburg, Russia, in 1909
- Augustin Michalowski, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from Szankomi, Russia, in 1909
- Adam Michalowski, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States from Kolezlanki, Russia, in 1910
- Alexec Michalowski, aged 26, who landed in America from Kitrosy, Russia, in 1910
- Anna Michalowski, aged 17, who landed in America from Kamino, Russia, in 1912
- Piotr Michalowski (1800-1855), Polish painter of the Romantic period
- Aleksander Michalowski (1851-1938), Polish pianist, pedagogue and composer
- Kazimierz Józef Marian Michalowski (1901-1981), Polish archaeologist and Egyptologist, the founder of Nubiology
- Mark Michalowski (b. 1963), English editor of Shout!
- Sébastien Michalowski (b. 1978), retired French football defender
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Jones, Stephen. The History of Poland: From Its Origin as a Nation to the Year 1795. London: Vernor and Hood, 1795. Print.
- White, Davis, and S. Jeanne. People of Polonia: The 1910 Census ward Two--Baltimore City Maryland, Part1. Baltimore, MD: Historyk Press, 1994. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Co., 1976. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Niesiecki, Kasper. Herbarz Polski Polish Armorial, 10 Volumes. Lipsk: Breitkopf & Härtel, 1839. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
The Michalowski Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Michalowski Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 December 2014 at 13:26.
on orders of $85 or more