on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Czech
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Michalowski Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anastezia Michalowski, aged 34, who emigrated to the United States from Georgenburg, Russia, in 1909
- Augustin Michalowski, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from Szankomi, Russia, in 1909
- Adam Michalowski, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States from Kolezlanki, Russia, in 1910
- Alexec Michalowski, aged 26, who landed in America from Kitrosy, Russia, in 1910
- Anna Michalowski, aged 17, who landed in America from Kamino, Russia, in 1912
- Kazimierz Józef Marian Michalowski (1901-1981), Polish archaeologist and Egyptologist, the founder of Nubiology
- Aleksander Michalowski (1851-1938), Polish pianist, pedagogue and composer
- Piotr Michalowski (1800-1855), Polish painter of the Romantic period
- Sébastien Michalowski (b. 1978), retired French football defender
- Mark Michalowski (b. 1963), English editor of Shout!
- Beider, Alexander. A Dictionary of Jewish Surnames from the Kingdom of Poland. Teaneck, New Jersey: Avotaynu, 1996. Print. (ISBN 0-9626373-9-4).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Davies, Norman. God's Playground: A History of Poland in Two VoGod's Playground: A History of Poland in Two Volumes. Revised Ed. London: Oxford University Press, 2005. Print. (ISBN 0-199253390).
- Holskins, Janina. Polish Genealogy and Heraldry An Introduction to Research. Washington: Library of Congress, 1987. Print.
- Hollowak, Thomas L. Polish Heads of Household in Maryland: An Index to the 1910 Census. Wesminister MD: Family Line Publications, 1990. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- White, Davis, and S. Jeanne. People of Polonia: The 1910 Census ward Two--Baltimore City Maryland, Part1. Baltimore, MD: Historyk Press, 1994. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Harper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Brückner, Aleksander. etymologiczy jezyka polskiego (Etymologica Dictionary of the Polish Language). Warszaga: Wiedza Powszechra, 1970. Print.
The Michalowski Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Michalowski Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 December 2014 at 13:26.
on orders of $85 or more