on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Czech, Polish
Where did the Polish Michalowski family come from? What is the Polish Michalowski family crest and coat of arms? When did the Michalowski family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Michalowski family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Michalowski Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anastezia Michalowski, aged 34, who emigrated to the United States from Georgenburg, Russia, in 1909
- Augustin Michalowski, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from Szankomi, Russia, in 1909
- Adam Michalowski, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States from Kolezlanki, Russia, in 1910
- Alexec Michalowski, aged 26, who landed in America from Kitrosy, Russia, in 1910
- Anna Michalowski, aged 17, who landed in America from Kamino, Russia, in 1912
- Kazimierz Józef Marian Michalowski (1901-1981), Polish archaeologist and Egyptologist, the founder of Nubiology
- Aleksander Michalowski (1851-1938), Polish pianist, pedagogue and composer
- Piotr Michalowski (1800-1855), Polish painter of the Romantic period
- Sébastien Michalowski (b. 1978), retired French football defender
- Mark Michalowski (b. 1963), English editor of Shout!
- Holskins, Janina. Polish Genealogy and Heraldry An Introduction to Research. Washington: Library of Congress, 1987. Print.
- Stupnicki, H. Herbarz Polski Polish Armorial, 2 Volumes. London: Figaro Press, 1963. Print.
- Davies, Norman. God's Playground: A History of Poland in Two VoGod's Playground: A History of Poland in Two Volumes. Revised Ed. London: Oxford University Press, 2005. Print. (ISBN 0-199253390).
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Boniecki, Adam. Szymon Konarski, and Artur . Herbarz Polski Polish Armorial, 16 Volumes. Poland: Wydawnictwa Artystyczne i Filmowe, 1907. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Niesiecki, Kasper. Herbarz Polski Polish Armorial, 10 Volumes. Lipsk: Breitkopf & Härtel, 1839. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Michalowski Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Michalowski Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 December 2014 at 13:26.
on orders of $85 or more