on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Meza family come from? What is the Spanish Meza family crest and coat of arms? When did the Meza family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Meza family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mesa, Mesas, Messeguer and others.
First found in Castellano, or Castille.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Meza research. Another 400 words(29 lines of text) covering the years 1644, 1659, and 1766 are included under the topic Early Meza History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 37 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Meza Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Meza Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Isack Meza, who landed in America in 1679
- Robert Meza, American politician from Phoenix, Arizona
- Abinadi Meza (b. 1976), Mexican–American artist
- Juan Meza (b. 1956), former Mexican boxer who was world Super Bantamweight champion
- Severo Efraín Meza (b. 1986), Mexican football defender
- Enrique Meza (b. 1948), long-standing Mexican football coach and technical manager
- Rafael Q. Meza (b. 1958), retired Mexican jockey
- Julio César Meza (b. 1983), Colombian singer
- Arturo Meza (b. 1956), Mexican songwriter, musician, composer, singer, poet and writer
- Jesús Manuel "Chiki" Meza (b. 1986), Venezuelan footballer
- Fernando Nicolás Meza (b. 1990), Argentine football defender
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
The Meza Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Meza Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 June 2013 at 12:20.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more