on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Meza family come from? What is the Spanish Meza family crest and coat of arms? When did the Meza family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Meza family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mesa, Mesas, Messeguer and others.
First found in Castellano, or Castille.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Meza research. Another 400 words (29 lines of text) covering the years 1644, 1659, and 1766 are included under the topic Early Meza History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Meza Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Meza Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Isack Meza, who landed in America in 1679
- Abinadi Meza (b. 1976), Mexican–American artist
- Robert Meza, American politician from Phoenix, Arizona
- Víctor Meza (b. 1987), Argentine footballer
- Andres Meza (1894-1933), Costa Rican poet
- Oscar Meza (b. 1986), Mexican professional boxer
- Fernando Nicolás Meza (b. 1990), Argentine football defender
- Pablo José Meza, Argentine film producer, director, and screenplay writer
- Mario Ernesto Mayén Meza (b. 1968), retired Salvadoran professional footballer
- Jesús Manuel "Chiki" Meza (b. 1986), Venezuelan footballer
- Arturo Meza (b. 1956), Mexican songwriter, musician, composer, singer, poet and writer
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
The Meza Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Meza Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 June 2013 at 12:20.
on orders of $85 or more