on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Mercado family come from? What is the Spanish Mercado family crest and coat of arms? When did the Mercado family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Mercado family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mercado, Mercaddo, Meradoo, Mercados, Mercadors, Mercadons and many more.
First found in Andalucia, in southern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mercado research. Another 337 words(24 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mercado History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Mercado Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Gutierre De Mercado who came to the Spanish Main in 1534
- Gabriel de Mercado who arrived in New Spain in 1578
Mercado Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Aron and Isaack Mercado who both immigrated to Barbados in 1679
- Moses Mercado, who landed in America in 1679
Mercado Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro Mercado, who arrived in America in 1813
- Francisco De Mercado, who landed in America in 1827
- Alonso De Mercado, who landed in America in 1828
- Cristobal De Mercado, who landed in Spanish Main in 1834
- Antonio Mercado, aged 4, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1838
- Syesha Raquel Mercado (b. 1987), American singer, songwriter, actress and model
- Rosendo Mercado (b. 1954), Spanish rock singer and songwriter
- Tomás de Mercado (1525-1575), Spanish Dominican friar and both an economist and a theologian
- Abel Mercado, lawyer in Colombia
- Sergio Ramírez Mercado (b. 1942), Nicaraguan writer and intellectual who served as Vice President of the country 1985-1990 under the presidency of Daniel Ortega
- Héctor Luis Mercado (b. 1974), former Puerto Rican Major League Baseball pitcher
- Dora Patricia Mercado (b. 1957), Mexican feminist politician
- Miguel Ángel Mercado (b. 1975), former Bolivian football striker
- Jennylyn Anne Pineda Mercado (b. 1987), Filipina actress and singer
- Solomon Jemuel Mercado (b. 1984), Filipino professional basketball player
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
The Mercado Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Mercado Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 March 2015 at 19:29.
on orders of $85 or more