on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Mercado family come from? What is the Spanish Mercado family crest and coat of arms? When did the Mercado family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Mercado family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mercado, Mercaddo, Meradoo, Mercados, Mercadors, Mercadons and many more.
First found in Andalucia, in southern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mercado research. Another 337 words(24 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mercado History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Mercado Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Gutierre De Mercado who came to the Spanish Main in 1534
- Gabriel de Mercado who arrived in New Spain in 1578
Mercado Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Aron and Isaack Mercado who both immigrated to Barbados in 1679
- Moses Mercado, who landed in America in 1679
Mercado Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro Mercado, who arrived in America in 1813
- Francisco De Mercado, who landed in America in 1827
- Alonso De Mercado, who landed in America in 1828
- Cristobal De Mercado, who landed in Spanish Main in 1834
- Antonio Mercado, aged 4, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1838
- Syesha Raquel Mercado (b. 1987), American singer, songwriter, actress and model
- Rosendo Mercado (b. 1954), Spanish rock singer and songwriter
- Tomás de Mercado (1525-1575), Spanish Dominican friar and both an economist and a theologian
- Abel Mercado, lawyer in Colombia
- Sergio Ramírez Mercado (b. 1942), Nicaraguan writer and intellectual who served as Vice President of the country 1985-1990 under the presidency of Daniel Ortega
- Héctor Luis Mercado (b. 1974), former Puerto Rican Major League Baseball pitcher
- Dora Patricia Mercado (b. 1957), Mexican feminist politician
- Miguel Ángel Mercado (b. 1975), former Bolivian football striker
- Jennylyn Anne Pineda Mercado (b. 1987), Filipina actress and singer
- Solomon Jemuel Mercado (b. 1984), Filipino professional basketball player
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Mercado Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Mercado Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 September 2014 at 03:18.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more