Mepham History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mepham family
The surname Mepham was first found in the East Riding of Yorkshire at Metham, a township, in the parish and union of Howden, wapentake of Howdenshire. "The township comprises 920 acres, of which two-thirds are arable. Metham Hall was built by Sir George Metham, whose family were long seated here."  At the time of the Domesday census, in 1086, Metham was occupied by Ilbert de Lacy, a Norman noble.
Some of the family were later found at Marr in the West Riding of Yorkshire. "It was once the residence of the family of Metham, of whose spacious and handsome mansion considerable remains existed some years since." 
Important Dates for the Mepham family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mepham research. Another 34 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1276 and 1573 are included under the topic Early Mepham History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mepham Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Metham, Methem, Mettam, Mettham, Meetham, Meatham, Meethem, Methan and many more.
Early Notables of the Mepham family (pre 1700)
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mepham Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mepham migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Mepham Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Mepham Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Thomas Mepham, aged 34, who landed in Harford County, Maryland in 1831 
- Lizzie Mepham, aged 23, who settled in America, in 1896
Mepham Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mary Mepham, aged 24, who immigrated to the United States from England, in 1911
- Ethel Mepham, aged 10, who settled in America from Brighton, England, in 1913
- Florine Mepham, aged 7, who landed in America from Brighton, England, in 1913
- Laura Gwendoline Mepham, aged 41, who immigrated to the United States from Brighton, England, in 1913
- Edith Mepham, aged 12, who landed in America from Brighton, England, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Mepham (post 1700)
- Dennis Mepham (b. 1958), retired American soccer defender in the North American Soccer League
Historic Events for the Mepham family
- Mr. Henry J Mepham (b. 1909), Welsh Engine Room Artificer 3rd Class serving for the Royal Navy from Barry Dock, Glamorgan, Wales, who sailed into battle and died in the sinking 
You May Also Like
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ H.M.S. Hood Association-Battle Cruiser Hood: Crew Information - H.M.S. Hood Rolls of Honour, Men Lost in the Sinking of H.M.S. Hood, 24th May 1941. (Retrieved 2016, July 15) . Retrieved from http://www.hmshood.com/crew/memorial/roh_24may41.htm