Mensch History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mensch family
The surname Mensch was first found in Bavaria, where this ancient family name trace their origin back to the twelfth century. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Important Dates for the Mensch family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mensch research. Another 193 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1721, 1750, 1844, 1782, 1498 and 1527 are included under the topic Early Mensch History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mensch Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mentzer, Menzer, Menziner, Mintzer, Mintz, Menz, Minz, Mentze, Mensch and many more.
Early Notables of the Mensch family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mensch Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mensch migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mensch Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Antony Mensch, who arrived in New York in 1709 
- Johan Jurg Mensch, who arrived in New York in 1709 
- Anna Elisabetha Mensch, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1740
- Anna Margarete Mensch, who settled in America in 1741
- Adam Mensch, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1750 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)