on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Mendiola was first found in the Basque
region of northern Spain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mendiola, Mandiola, Mendiziola and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mendiola research. Another 547 words (39 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mendiola History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Mendiola Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Marcos de Mendiola who arrived in Ecuador in 1582
- Mateo de Mendiola who immigrated to Peru in 1582
- Isabel de Mendiola who came to Colombia in 1594
Mendiola Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jose Mendiola who was naturalized in California in 1893
- F. Mendiola, aged 37, who emigrated to the United States, in 1893
Mendiola Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Felix Mendiola, aged 22, who settled in America from Bilbao, Spain, in 1908
- Angel Mendiola, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States from Budarona, Spain, in 1910
- Carlos Mendiola, aged 20, who settled in America from Caineguey, Cuba, in 1915
- Aniceto Mendiola, aged 19, who landed in America from Vizcaya, Spain, in 1918
- Eugenio Mendiola, aged 18, who landed in America, in 1920
- Mojo Mendiola (b. 1954), specialist in German and Afro-American philology
- Dennis Beltran Mendiola (b. 1967), American entrepreneur and investment banker
- Jim Mendiola, American writer and director
- Juan María Atutxa Mendiola (b. 1941), Spanish politician from the Basque Country
- Joseph M. Mendiola, member of the Senate of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Alexis Fernando Mendiola Arroyo (b. 1990), Mexican football midfielder
- Jessy Mendiola (b. 1992), Filipino actress
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
The Mendiola Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Mendiola Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 December 2015 at 21:02.
on orders of $85 or more