on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Mendiola family come from? What is the Spanish Mendiola family crest and coat of arms? When did the Mendiola family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Mendiola family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mendiola, Mandiola, Mendiziola and others.
First found in the Basque region of northern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mendiola research. Another 547 words(39 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mendiola History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Mendiola Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Marcos de Mendiola who arrived in Ecuador in 1582
- Mateo de Mendiola who immigrated to Peru in 1582
- Isabel de Mendiola who came to Colombia in 1594
Mendiola Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jose Mendiola who was naturalized in California in 1893
- F. Mendiola, aged 37, who emigrated to the United States, in 1893
Mendiola Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Felix Mendiola, aged 22, who settled in America from Bilbao, Spain, in 1908
- Angel Mendiola, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States from Budarona, Spain, in 1910
- Carlos Mendiola, aged 20, who settled in America from Caineguey, Cuba, in 1915
- Aniceto Mendiola, aged 19, who landed in America from Vizcaya, Spain, in 1918
- Eugenio Mendiola, aged 18, who landed in America, in 1920
- Jim Mendiola, American writer and director
- Dennis Beltran Mendiola (b. 1967), American entrepreneur and investment banker
- Mojo Mendiola (b. 1954), specialist in German and Afro-American philology
- Juan María Atutxa Mendiola (b. 1941), Spanish politician from the Basque Country
- Jessy Mendiola (b. 1992), Filipino actress
- Alexis Fernando Mendiola Arroyo (b. 1990), Mexican football midfielder
- Joseph M. Mendiola, member of the Senate of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
The Mendiola Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Mendiola Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 April 2014 at 21:57.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more