Early Origins of the Memoli family
The surname Memoli was first found in Venice
(Italian: Venezia), and seaport occupying one of the most remarkable sites of the world. Centralizing on the Grand Canal the history of the city can be traced through the different styles of architecture Byzantine, Gothic, early Renaissance
and late Renaissance
. It is rich in ancient palaces, churches, libraries, galleries, monuments, statues, treasures and artifacts. Its history is abundant in politics, art, religion, scholarship and conflict. The ducal palace was commenced in 1309. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Memoli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Memoli research.Another 185 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1612 and 1818 are included under the topic Early Memoli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Memoli Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Memmo, Mememi, Memi, Memoli, Memon, Memoli and others.
Early Notables of the Memoli family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Memoli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Memoli family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Memoli Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Cristina Memoli, aged 0, who emigrated to the United States, in 1897
Memoli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Giuseppe Memoli, aged 24, who landed in America from Ariano, in 1905
- Giuseppe Memoli, aged 5, who emigrated to America from Salerno, Italy, in 1910
- Agostino Memoli, aged 34, who landed in America from Cava Tirrein, Italy, in 1910
- Alberto Memoli, aged 19, who emigrated to the United States from Cava, Italy, in 1911
- Anna Memoli, aged 12, who settled in America from Baronissi, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Memoli (post 1700)
- Randy Memoli, American actor, best known for his roles in Bloody Mary (2010) and Last Days of Simon (2009)
- Bruno Memoli, Italian production manager, director and writer, best known for his work on Piacere Michele Imperatore (2008), Aprile (1998) and L'amore molesto (1995)