on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Meltzer family come from? What is the English Meltzer family crest and coat of arms? When did the Meltzer family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Meltzer family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Metham, Methem, Mettam, Mettham, Meetham, Meatham, Meethem, Methan and many more.
First found in Yorkshire where this surname is associated with the place named Metham. At the time of the Domesday census, in 1086, Metham was occupied by Ilbert de Lacy, a Norman noble.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Meltzer research. Another 261 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1276 and 1573 are included under the topic Early Meltzer History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Meltzer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Meltzer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anna Meltzer, aged 14, who settled in America, in 1896
- Abram Isac Meltzer, aged 44, who settled in America from Moladstzna, in 1897
Meltzer Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anna Meltzer, aged 8, who emigrated to the United States from Schlatt, in 1901
- Alte Meltzer, aged 9, who landed in America from Neschwis, Russia, in 1908
- Alvin Meltzer, aged 2, who emigrated to the United States from Gerresheim, Germany, in 1909
- Baselie Meltzer, aged 23, who emigrated to America from Rakow, Russia, in 1909
- Abram Meltzer, aged 15, who landed in America from Horodyce, Russia, in 1912
- Howard Meltzer (b. 1967), American Casting Society of America Award winning Casting Director
- Toby R. Meltzer (b. 1957), American plastic and reconstructive surgeon
- Milton Meltzer (1915-2009), American historian and author
- David Meltzer (b. 1937), American poet and musician
- Allan H. Meltzer (b. 1982), American economist, professor of Political Economy at Carnegie Mellon University's Tepper School of Business in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Richard Meltzer (b. 1945), early American rock music critic
- Brad Meltzer (b. 1970), American political thriller novelist and non-fiction writer
- Samuel James Meltzer (1851-1920), Russian-born, American physiologist
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
The Meltzer Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Meltzer Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 June 2015 at 08:54.
on orders of $85 or more