on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Meltzer family come from? What is the English Meltzer family crest and coat of arms? When did the Meltzer family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Meltzer family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Metham, Methem, Mettam, Mettham, Meetham, Meatham, Meethem, Methan and many more.
First found in Yorkshire where this surname is associated with the place named Metham. At the time of the Domesday census, in 1086, Metham was occupied by Ilbert de Lacy, a Norman noble.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Meltzer research. Another 261 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1276 and 1573 are included under the topic Early Meltzer History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 39 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Meltzer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Meltzer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anna Meltzer, aged 14, who settled in America, in 1896
- Abram Isac Meltzer, aged 44, who settled in America from Moladstzna, in 1897
Meltzer Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anna Meltzer, aged 8, who emigrated to the United States from Schlatt, in 1901
- Alte Meltzer, aged 9, who landed in America from Neschwis, Russia, in 1908
- Alvin Meltzer, aged 2, who emigrated to the United States from Gerresheim, Germany, in 1909
- Baselie Meltzer, aged 23, who emigrated to America from Rakow, Russia, in 1909
- Abram Meltzer, aged 15, who landed in America from Horodyce, Russia, in 1912
- Samuel James Meltzer (1851-1920), Russian-born, American physiologist
- Brad Meltzer (b. 1970), American political thriller novelist and non-fiction writer
- Richard Meltzer (b. 1945), early American rock music critic
- Allan H. Meltzer (b. 1982), American economist, professor of Political Economy at Carnegie Mellon University's Tepper School of Business in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- David Meltzer (b. 1937), American poet and musician
- Milton Meltzer (1915-2009), American historian and author
- Toby R. Meltzer (b. 1957), American plastic and reconstructive surgeon
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Meltzer Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Meltzer Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 April 2012 at 12:10.
on orders of $85 or more