Mejias History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mejias family
The surname Mejias was first found in Galicia, in northwestern Spain.
Early History of the Mejias family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mejias research. Another 63 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1529 and 1624 are included under the topic Early Mejias History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mejias Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mejia, Mejias, Megia, Megias, Mashia, Mashiach and others.
Early Notables of the Mejias family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mejias Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Mejias is the 7,954th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Mejias migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mejias Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Felipe Aptnio Mejias, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1887 
Mejias Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alfredo Mejias, aged 30, who immigrated to America from Havana, Cuba, in 1904
- Casiano Mejias, aged 22, who settled in America from Elanchove, Vizcaya, Spain, in 1907
- Elias Mejias, aged 29, who immigrated to the United States from Liverpool, England, in 1910
- Nicodnedes Mejias, aged 16, who landed in America from Liverpool, England, in 1910
- Juana Mejias, aged 23, who landed in America from Barcelona, Spain, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Mejias (post 1700) ||+|
- David L. "Dave" Mejias, American politician
- Samuel Elías Mejias (b. 1952), retired Cuban-born American Major League Baseball outfielder
- David L. Mejias, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 2008 
- Javier Mejias Leal (b. 1983), Spanish professional road bicycle racer
- Octavio Antonio Mejias Hernández (b. 1982), Venezuelan two-time bronze medalist weightlifter
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 14) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html