Meisenheimer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Meisenheimer belongs to a class of local surname, which are derived from the place where the original bearer lived or held land. Meisenheimer is a habitational surname, and is derived from an already- existing place name. The original bearer of the surname Meisenheimer lived in the town of Meissen, in the Saxony region of Germany.
Early Origins of the Meisenheimer family
The surname Meisenheimer was first found in Meissen, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. The name refers to the city or principality of Meissen, now a part of Saxony. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs.
Early History of the Meisenheimer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Meisenheimer research. Another 149 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1372, 1411, 1436, 1753, 1803, 1822, 1848, and 1866 are included under the topic Early Meisenheimer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Meisenheimer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Meissner, Meisner, Misener, Meissener, Meisener, Misner, Meixner, Meichsner, Mechsner, Mexner and many more.
Early Notables of the Meisenheimer family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Meisenheimer at this time were Der Meissner, who was a Middle-High German poet of the late 13th century. August Gottlieb Meissner (1753-1803) was a professor in Prague before becoming the director of the Lyceum...
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Meisenheimer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Meisenheimer migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Meisenheimer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joh Meisenheimer, who landed in America in 1852 
Contemporary Notables of the name Meisenheimer (post 1700) +
- John L. "Lucky" Meisenheimer (b. 1957), American physician, athlete, author, and actor, son of John Meisenheimer Sr
- John L. Meisenheimer Sr. (b. 1933), American rocket scientist, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry at Eastern Kentucky University(1963–1999)
- Johannes Meisenheimer (1873-1933), German zoologist, Professor at the University of Leipzi
- Jakob Meisenheimer (1876-1934), German chemist who identified the Meisenheimer complex
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)