Meinert History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The origin of the name is the southern German form "Meinhardt," which is a compound of "strength" (Mein) and "bravery" (Hardt).
Early Origins of the Meinert family
The surname Meinert was first found in Pomerania, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. Chronicles first mention Meyne Meynen of Barth in Pomerania in 1415, and Heinrich Meyneking of Hanover in 1311. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Meinert family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Meinert research. Another 140 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1250, 1350, 1704, 1727, 1775, 1797, and 1851 are included under the topic Early Meinert History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Meinert Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Meinecke, Meincke, Meinke, Meineken, Meineking, Meinhard, Meinhold, Meininger, Meinart, Meinert, Meinhardt, Mein, Meine, Meinen, Meins, Meiner, Main, Mains, Mainer and many more.
Early Notables of the Meinert family (pre 1700)
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Meinert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Meinert migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Meinert Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jos Clemens Meinert, who arrived in America in 1845 
- C A Meinert, who arrived in Texas in 1846 
- Gerhard Meinert, aged 34, who arrived in Missouri in 1848 
- John Meinert, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1848 
- Herm Anton Meinert, who landed in Cincinnati, Oh in 1849 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Meinert (post 1700) +
- Henry W. Meinert, American politician, Delegate to Illinois State Constitutional Convention 44th District, 1920 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 14) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html