Meine History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The origin of the name is the southern German form "Meinhardt," which is a compound of "strength" (Mein) and "bravery" (Hardt).
Early Origins of the Meine family
The surname Meine was first found in Pomerania, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. Chronicles first mention Meyne Meynen of Barth in Pomerania in 1415, and Heinrich Meyneking of Hanover in 1311. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Meine family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Meine research. Another 140 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1250, 1350, 1704, 1727, 1775, 1797, and 1851 are included under the topic Early Meine History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Meine Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Meinecke, Meincke, Meinke, Meineken, Meineking, Meinhard, Meinhold, Meininger, Meinart, Meinert, Meinhardt, Mein, Meine, Meinen, Meins, Meiner, Main, Mains, Mainer and many more.
Early Notables of the Meine family (pre 1700)
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Meine Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Meine migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Meine Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Catharine Meine, who arrived in Texas in 1846 
- Maria Meine, who arrived in Texas in 1846 
Contemporary Notables of the name Meine (post 1700) +
- Emile L. Meine, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Louisiana, 1932, 1936 
- David Meine, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for Texas State House of Representatives 56th District, 2008 
- Meine Pit (1931-2014), Dutch politician, served several times at a member of the Senate of the Netherlands, and States-Provincial of Gelderland between 1976 and 1999
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 14) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html