Meincke History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The origin of the name is the southern German form "Meinhardt," which is a compound of "strength" (Mein) and "bravery" (Hardt).
Early Origins of the Meincke family
The surname Meincke was first found in Pomerania, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. Chronicles first mention Meyne Meynen of Barth in Pomerania in 1415, and Heinrich Meyneking of Hanover in 1311. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Meincke family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Meincke research. Another 140 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1250, 1350, 1704, 1727, 1775, 1797, and 1851 are included under the topic Early Meincke History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Meincke Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Meinecke, Meincke, Meinke, Meineken, Meineking, Meinhard, Meinhold, Meininger, Meinart, Meinert, Meinhardt, Mein, Meine, Meinen, Meins, Meiner, Main, Mains, Mainer and many more.
Early Notables of the Meincke family (pre 1700)
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Meincke Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Meincke migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Meincke Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Adolf Henrik Meincke, aged 40, who landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848 
- Ernst Meincke, who arrived in Galveston, Tex in 1850 
- Carl, Ernst, and Julie Meincke, who settled in Texas in 1850
Contemporary Notables of the name Meincke (post 1700) +
- Gudrun Meincke, German actress, known for The Three Musketeers, Ausgerechnet Sex! and Verbotene Liebe (1995)
- Ernst Meincke (b. 1942), German actor, known for Berühmte Ärzte der Charité: Der kleine Doktor (1981), Die Heinitzer (1965) and Sachsens Glanz und Preußens Gloria-Aus dem siebenjährigen Krieg (1985)
- Fritz Carl Viggo Meincke (1902-1959), Danish composer, revue author, theater manager and actor
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)