Mehling History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Mehling is an occupational name for a painter, or more specifically a painter of stained glass, derived from the Old German "malen", and the Middle High German word "malen" which both meant "to paint."
Early Origins of the Mehling family
The surname Mehling was first found in Wurtemberg and Bavaria, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name Mahler became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
Early History of the Mehling family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mehling research. Another 80 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1723 and 1807 are included under the topic Early Mehling History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mehling Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mahler, Maler, Mahl, Mahle, Male, Mal, Maller, Maehler, Mehler, Mailer, Mayler, Maylor, Mailor and many more.
Early Notables of the Mehling family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mehling Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mehling migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mehling Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joh Mehling, who landed in North America in 1832-1849 
- Joseph Mehling, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1848 
- George Mehling, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1848 
Mehling Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ewa Mehling, aged 4, who landed in America from Gnodenburg, in 1901
- Carl Mehling, aged 23, who immigrated to America from Hamburg, in 1902
- Johann Mehling, aged 21, who landed in America from Alexandrowo, Russia, in 1905
- Georg Mehling, aged 15, who immigrated to the United States from Hussenbach, Russia, in 1907
- Mortimer Mehling, aged 28, who immigrated to the United States, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Mehling (post 1700) +
- Brian Mehling MD (b. 1965), American Orthopedic surgeon, philanthropist and independent film producer
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)