Mehler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Mehler is an occupational name for a painter, or more specifically a painter of stained glass, derived from the Old German "malen", and the Middle High German word "malen" which both meant "to paint."
Early Origins of the Mehler family
The surname Mehler was first found in Wurtemberg and Bavaria, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name Mahler became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
Early History of the Mehler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mehler research. Another 80 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1723 and 1807 are included under the topic Early Mehler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mehler Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mahler, Maler, Mahl, Mahle, Male, Mal, Maller, Maehler, Mehler, Mailer, Mayler, Maylor, Mailor and many more.
Early Notables of the Mehler family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mehler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mehler migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mehler Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Martin Mehler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1754 
Contemporary Notables of the name Mehler (post 1700) +
- Jacques Mehler (b. 1936), Spanish-born, American cognitive psychologist specializing in language acquisition
- Barry Alan Mehler (b. 1947), Jewish-American professor of humanities at Ferris State University
- Gustav Ferdinand Mehler (1835-1895), German mathematician, who developed Mehler's formula and Mehler functions
- Johann Baptist Mehler (1860-1930), German Catholic priest, prelate
- Tobias Mehler (b. 1976), Canadian actor from Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)