on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Irish-Alt, Irish
Where did the Irish McQuinn family come from? What is the Irish McQuinn family crest and coat of arms? When did the McQuinn family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the McQuinn family history?The Irish name McQuinn was originally written in a Gaelic form as O Cuinn, which means descendant of Conn.
Spelling variations of this family name include: O'Quinn, Quin, Quinn, Quine, MacQuin, MacQuinn, McQuin, McQuinn, MacCuin, Cuinn, Cuin and many more.
First found in County Longford (Irish: An Longfort) traditionally known as Annaly or Teffia, and situated in the Irish Midlands, in Northwest Leinster.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our McQuinn research. Another 312 words (22 lines of text) covering the years 1014, 1252, 1279, 1281, 1522, 1551, 1645, and 1726 are included under the topic Early McQuinn History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early McQuinn Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
McQuinn Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Daniel McQuinn, who sailed to Virginia in 1716
- Daniel McQuinn, who landed in Virginia in 1716
McQuinn Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Patrick McQuinn, who arrived in New York, NY in 1816
McQuinn Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Thomas McQuinn, aged 30, a labourer, arrived in Saint John, NB in 1834 aboard the brig "Ann & Mary" from Cork
- Margaret McQuinn, aged 37, arrived in Saint John, NB in 1834 aboard the brig "Ann & Mary" from Cork
McQuinn Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Bridget McQuinn, aged 21, a servant, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Michael McQuinn, aged 22, a ploughman, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Arawa" in 1884
- Bessie McQuinn, aged 20, a dairy maid, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Arawa" in 1884
- Matt McQuinn (1985-2012), American movie patron who was shot nine times protecting his girlfriend at the 2012 Aurora, Colorado mass shooting
- Jason McQuinn, American anarchist, founder and co-editor of Alternative Press Review
- Harry McQuinn (1905-1986), American racecar driver, active in the 1930s and 1940s
- George Hartley McQuinn (1910-1978), American Major League Baseball first baseman who played from 1936 to 1948, an All-Star for six seasons
- Donald E. McQuinn (b. 1930), American best-selling author and former US Marine
- Delores L. McQuinn (b. 1954), American politician, Member of the Virginia House of Delegates (2009-)
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The McQuinn Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The McQuinn Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 September 2015 at 07:27.
on orders of $85 or more