McClaskey History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The McClaskey surname evolved from the Irish Gaelicnames O Cathain or Mac Cathain.
Early Origins of the McClaskey family
The surname McClaskey was first found in County Londonderry (Irish: Doire), a Northern Irish county also known as Derry, in the province of Ulster, where they were a branch of the O'Kanes.
Important Dates for the McClaskey family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our McClaskey research. Another 81 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1196, 1617, 1720, 1790, 1810, 1875, and 1885 are included under the topic Early McClaskey History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McClaskey Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: McCloskey, McCluskey, McClaskey, McCloskie, McLoskie, McCleskey and many more.
Early Notables of the McClaskey family (pre 1700)
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early McClaskey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McClaskey migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical McClaskey Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
McClaskey Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Arte McClaskey, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1745 
McClaskey Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Richard McClaskey, aged 26, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1812 
- Arthur McClaskey, who landed in New York in 1819 
- Peter McClaskey, who arrived in Maryland in 1840 
Contemporary Notables of the name McClaskey (post 1700)
- Tod McClaskey, American businessman, co-founder of Red Lion Hotels in 1959 which was sold in 1984 for 600 million, now known as Red Lion Hotels Corporation with 145 million in annual sales
- Michael McClaskey, American actor, known for his roles in The Spring (1989)
- Jackie McClaskey, American Secretary of Agriculture in Kansas
- Walter Donald McClaskey (1918-1988), American politician, Member of the Ohio House of Representatives (1973-1986)
- Harry Haley McClaskey (1882-1941), birth name of Henry Burr, Canadian singer of popular songs, an early radio performer and producer
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)