The surname Mazzola is a common occupational
name for a person who was a toolmaker. The occupational surname Mazza is derived from the Italian word mazza, which is translated as a club, hammer, mace or staff of office.
Early Origins of the Mazzola family
The surname Mazzola was first found in the Italian region of Emilia-Romagna
. This region incorporates the cities of Bologna, Ferrara, Forlì, Modena, Parma, Piacenza, and Ravenna. The earliest origins of this surname have been traced to the city of Reggio-Emilia, where records can be traced to Lazzaro Mazzoli, Councillor of the State in 1186. Other early records show Blasco Mazza, who was in the Cavalry in Messina in 1287, and later became the Baron
of Sellia. The Mazza family of Modena entered into the ranks of nobility in 1306.
Early History of the Mazzola family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mazzola research.Another 236 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1377, 1450, 1503, 1528, 1613, and 1766 are included under the topic Early Mazzola History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mazzola Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Mazzolini, Mazzoni, Mazzono, Mazzanni, Mazzonna and others.
Early Notables of the Mazzola family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Filippo Mazzola, a famous painter from Parma during the late 15th century. His works can be seen in Padua, Parma, Strasburg, Naples, London, Venice
, and Massachusetts. Guido Mazzoni was a famous sculptor from Modena around 1450. He is also known as "Il Paganino," and... Another 203 words (14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mazzola Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Mazzola family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Bonifacio Mazzolini, who came to New York in 1886 aboard the "La Champagne"; Martino Mazzoli, who came to San Francisco in 1892 aboard ".
Contemporary Notables of the name Mazzola (post 1700)
- Lawrence J. Mazzola, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1988 (alternate), 2000 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 10) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Ferruccio Mazzola (1945-2013), Italian professional former footballer and manager
- Francesco Mazzola, also known as "Il Parmigianino" because of his birthplace, was a very famous painter and etcher from Parma. He was born in 1503 and left many of his works around Florence and Parma. One of his most famous works is entitled "Nymphs Bathing"
- Filippo Mazzola, famous painter from Parma during the late 15th century. His works can be seen in Padua, Parma, Strasburg, Naples, London, Venice, and Massachusetts
Historic Events for the Mazzola family
Flight TWA 800
- Mr. Salvator Mazzola (1960-1996), from Palermo, Italy , Italian passenger flying aboard flight TWA 800 from J.F.K. Airport, New York to Leonardo da Vinci Airport, Rome when the plane crashed after takeoff ; he died in the crash CITATION[CLOSE]
Antarctic Homestead, Operation Deep Freeze the New Zealand Story, Retrieved 2018 February 21st, http://antarctic.homestead.com/901.html