The surname Mauriello came from the personal name
Mauro, which is itself derived from the Latin name Maurus.
Early Origins of the Mauriello family
The surname Mauriello was first found in Milan (Italian: Milano, Milanese: Milan), the second-most populous city in Italy and the capital of Lombardy
with Gandolfo Maurello, who moved his family to Sicily
Early History of the Mauriello family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mauriello research.Another 21 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1571 and 1871 are included under the topic Early Mauriello History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mauriello Spelling Variations
Enormous variation in spelling and form characterizes those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. This is caused by two main factors: regional tradition, and inaccuracies in the recording process. Before the last few hundred
years, scribes spelled names according to their sounds. Spelling variations
were the unsurprising result. The variations of Mauriello include Mauro, Mauri, Maur, Maura, De Mauro, Di Mauro, Maurich, Mauric, Maurovic, Lo Mauro, Maurello, Mauricio, Maurigi, Mauruzi, Mauriello, Maurelli, Maurel, Maurino, Maurini and many more.
Early Notables of the Mauriello family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Lico Francesco Mauro, a famous mathematician during the late 15th century from Messina. Nicol Mauruzi was a very famous military Captain who was in command of the Florentine troupes and achieved the greatest victories of the 15th century. Mauro Mauri was... Another 57 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mauriello Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Mauriello family to the New World and Oceana
The records on immigrants and ships' passengers show a number of people bearing the name Mauriello:
Mauriello Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelina Mauriello, aged 1, who settled in America from S. Potito Ultra, in 1904
- Angelo Mauriello, aged 18, who settled in America from Pietro De Fusi, Itlay, in 1905
- Adolfo Mauriello, aged 19, who landed in America from Pannarano, Italy, in 1909
- Agostino Mauriello, aged 35, who emigrated to America from Pannanzeco, Italy, in 1910
- Angelina Mauriello, aged 16, who landed in America from Colitri, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Mauriello (post 1700)
- Ralph Mauriello (b. 1934), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Julianna Rose Mauriello (b. 1991), American Broadway actress
- Justin Mauriello, American lead singer and guitarist for the alternative rock band Darling Thieves
- Francesco Mauriello (b. 1993), Italian Grand Prix motorcycle racer