Matuszewski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Matuszewski family
The surname Matuszewski was first found in Polesie, the largest province of Poland. It is inhabited by Ruthenians, called Polesians, of Ukrainian descent. The main towns are those of Brest Litovsk, Pinsk, Kobryn, Kamenets, Litovsk, and Luninets. It was in this province that the renowned Radziwills and Sapiehas held their vast estates. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Matuszewski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Matuszewski research. Another 141 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1476, 1819 and 1410 are included under the topic Early Matuszewski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Matuszewski Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Matuszewski, Matuszewicz, Matuszewkski, Matkowsky, Mathuskowsky, Mathkowski, Mathkuszewiwcz and many more.
Early Notables of the Matuszewski family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Matuszewski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Matuszewski migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Matuszewski Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Florentina and Franciszek Matuszewski, who were both baptized in Baltimore in 1886
- Jacob Matuszewski, who was naturalized in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania in 1888
Matuszewski Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antoni Matuszewski, aged 25, who immigrated to America from Czetkow, in 1905
- Constantia Matuszewski, aged 0, who landed in America from Lagiewnik, Germany, in 1906
- Czeslaw Matuszewski, aged 11, who immigrated to the United States from Krzonowaga, Russia, in 1907
- Feliks Matuszewski, aged 21, who settled in America from Zapporidnie, Russia, in 1910
- Andrzej Matuszewski, aged 30, who immigrated to the United States from Newodowo, Russia, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Matuszewski (post 1700) +
- Richard Matuszewski (b. 1964), American tennis player ranked number 49 in the world
- Stanley Matuszewski (b. 1915), American priest
- Constantine J. Matuszewski, American Republican politician, Candidate for Wisconsin State Assembly from Milwaukee County 14th District, 1902 
- Anthony Matuszewski, American politician, Burgess of Dickson City, Pennsylvania, 1937 
- Marek Matuszewski (b. 1959), Polish politician
- Boleslaw Matuszewski (1856-1940), Polish cameraman, photographer to Tsar Nicholas II
Related Stories +