Matuszek History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Matuszek family
The surname Matuszek was first found in Polesie, the largest province of Poland. It is inhabited by Ruthenians, called Polesians, of Ukrainian descent. The main towns are those of Brest Litovsk, Pinsk, Kobryn, Kamenets, Litovsk, and Luninets. It was in this province that the renowned Radziwills and Sapiehas held their vast estates. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Matuszek family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Matuszek research.Another 281 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1476, 1819 and 1410 are included under the topic Early Matuszek History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Matuszek Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Matuszewski, Matuszewicz, Matuszewkski, Matkowsky, Mathuskowsky, Mathkowski, Mathkuszewiwcz and many more.
Early Notables of the Matuszek family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Matuszek Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Matuszek family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Matuszek Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andrzej Matuszek, aged 44, who emigrated to the United States from Stokiec, Russia, in 1907
- Jan Matuszek, aged 28, who landed in America from Dierranowo, Russia, in 1907
- Franciszek Matuszek, aged 35, who emigrated to the United States from Gradzisko, Austria, in 1910
- Franz Matuszek, aged 24, who landed in America from Tarnowa Dol., Galicia, in 1910
- Helena Matuszek, aged 21, who settled in America from Skaroce, Austria, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Matuszek (post 1700)
- Leonard James Matuszek (b. 1954), American Major League Baseball outfielder and first baseman
- Szymon Matuszek (b. 1989), Polish football midfielder
- Marek Matuszek (b. 1972), Slovak judoka
Matuszek Family Crest Products