Matarazzo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Origins Available: Italian
The Matarazzo surname is a habitational name derived from any of numerous places in Portugal and Spain
named Mata, from the Spanish word "mata," meaning "wood," or "a forest."
Early Origins of the Matarazzo family
The surname Matarazzo was first found in Catalonia, in northeastern Spain.
Early History of the Matarazzo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Matarazzo research.Another 423 words (30 lines of text) covering the year 1469 is included under the topic Early Matarazzo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Matarazzo Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Matarazzo family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Matarazzo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Matarazzo family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Matarazzo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonia Matarazzo, aged 25, who arrived in America, in 1895
Matarazzo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Domenico Matarazzo, aged 49, who arrived in America from Avellino, in 1902
- Agostino Matarazzo, aged 37, who arrived in America from Cittanova, Italy, in 1903
- Antonio Matarazzo, aged 18, who arrived in America from Montecorvino, in 1905
- Enrico Matarazzo, aged 52, who arrived in America from Villabadessa, Italy, in 1909
- Eduardo Matarazzo, aged 2, who arrived in America from Caiazzo, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Matarazzo (post 1700)
- Michael Richard Matarazzo (b. 1966), American former IFBB professional bodybuilder
- Heather Amy Matarazzo (b. 1982), American actress, known for her role in the film Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995)
- Raffaello Matarazzo (1909-1966), Italian filmmaker
- Eduardo Matarazzo Suplicy (b. 1941), Brazilian left-wing politician, economist and professor
- Francesco Antonio Maria Matarazzo (1854-1937), Count Matarazzo, Italian-born, Brazilian businessman and noble
Matarazzo Family Crest Products