on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Mata family come from? What is the Spanish Mata family crest and coat of arms? When did the Mata family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Mata family history?The Mata surname is a habitational name derived from any of numerous places in Portugal and Spain named Mata, from the Spanish word "mata," meaning "wood," or "a forest."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mata, Matas, Matos and others.
First found in Catalonia, in northeastern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mata research. Another 423 words(30 lines of text) covering the year 1469 is included under the topic Early Mata History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Mata Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Maria Mata who settled in Peru in 1559
Mata Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro De Mata, who landed in America in 1811
- Melchor De Mata, who arrived in America in 1813
- Juan De Mata, who arrived in America in 1813
- Gabriel Mata, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1817
- Gabriel Mata who settled in Puerto Rico in 1817
- Eduardo Mata (1942-1995), Mexican internationally known music conductor
- Mariano de la Mata (1905-1983), Augustinian priest and missionary to Brazil
- Vanessa da Mata (b. 1976), Brazilian singer and composer
- Francisco Mata (b. 1932), Venezuelan singer and composer
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
The Mata Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Mata Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 April 2015 at 18:15.
on orders of $85 or more