100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
Massi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The distinguished surname Massi can be traced back to the ancient and beautiful region of Piedmont
. The most common type of family name found in the region of Piedmont
is the patronymic
surname, derived from the father's given name. The surname Massi came from the personal name
Matteo, which is the Italian form of the English Matthew. Ultimately, the name was inIn Hebrew
, and meant "gift of God." This name was adopted into Latin as both Matthias and Matthaeus. During the medieval era, the personal name Matteo became popular as people often named their children after popular saints in the hopes that the child would enjoy that saint's patronage in later life.
Early Origins of the Massi family
The surname Massi was first found in Abruzzi, a region in central Italy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Massi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Massi research.Another 297 words (21 lines of text) covering the years 1500, 1188, 1586, 1643, 1643, 1753, 1779, 1792, 1832, 1833, 1480, 1501, 1577, 1640, 1694, 1350, 1675, 1672, 1750 and 1863 are included under the topic Early Massi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Massi Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Mattei, Mattedi, Matteini, Matteis, Matteo, Matteolli, Matteoni, Matteotti, Matteucci, Matteuzzi, Mattussi, Mattuzzi, Mattouzzi, Mattevi, Mattia, Mattiassi, Mattiato, Mattiazzi, Mattiello, Mattioni, Mattiuzzi, Mattissi, Mattucci, Matussi and many more.
Early Notables of the Massi family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Mattiolo Mattioli (died 1480), Italian author, professor of philosophy and medicine; Pietro Andrea Mattioli (1501-1577), Italian herbalist; and Ercole Antonio Mattioli (1640-1694), Italian minister; Lapo Mazzei, a humanist and public official in Prato in 1350. Luigi Mattei (died 1675) was an Italian military General... Another 114 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Massi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Massi family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Massi Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Egidio Santo Massi, aged 43, who settled in America from Italy, in 1893
Massi Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Calcedonio Massi, aged 40, who emigrated to America from Sassoferrato, Italy, in 1909
- Domenico Massi, aged 30, who landed in America from Dorame, Italy, in 1909
- Argentina Massi, aged 27, who emigrated to the United States from Colormella, Italy, in 1911
- Carmine Massi, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States from Palomonte, Italy, in 1912
- Carlo Massi, aged 45, who landed in America from Acquasanta, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Massi (post 1700)
- Nick Massi (1927-2000), born Nicholas Macioci, an American bass singer and bass guitarist for the Four Seasons, inductee in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Robert E. Massi, American politician, Socialist Labor Candidate for U.S. Senator from New York, 1974; Socialist Labor Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 20th District, 1980 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Emidio Massi (1922-2016), Italian Socialist politician, President of Marche (1978-1990)
- Valentina Massi (b. 1983), Italian model, Miss Universo Italia 2007
- Stelvio Massi (1929-2004), Italian crime and action film director
- Rodolfo Massi (b. 1965), Italian former professional road bicycle racer
- Robert Massi (b. 1987), Swedish footballer
Massi Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!