Masci History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Masci family
The surname Masci was first found in Piedmont (Italian: Piemonte, Piedmontese and Occitan: Piemont), a territorial division of northern Italy at the foot of the Alps consisting of the provinces of Alessandria, Cuneo, Novara and Turin. Later Aosta and Vercelli were added and still later, Asti. History is related back to 49 B.C. The house of Savoy rose in 1000 A.D. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Masci family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Masci research. Another 86 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Masci History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Masci Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Masciarelli, Mascarello, Mascarelli, Mascelli, Masciarello, Mascello, Mascherel and many more.
Early Notables of the Masci family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Masci Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Masci migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Masci Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Masci, aged 37, who landed in America from Monte San Giovanni C., Italy, in 1909
- Davido Masci, aged 35, who immigrated to the United States from Perragia, Italy, in 1910
- Angela Masci, aged 17, who immigrated to the United States from Gioia del Colle, Italy, in 1911
- Antonio Masci, aged 51, who landed in America from Serrastretta, Italy, in 1911
- Annibale Masci, aged 46, who settled in America from Scheggia, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Masci (post 1700) +
- Angelo Masci (1758-1821), Italian jurist and scholar
Related Stories +