Martinek History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished Czech surname Martinek is composed of two elements: "Martin," derived from the Latin "Martinus," and the characteristic suffix "-ek," indicating "son of." Thus, the surname Martinek indicates "a son of Martin."
Early Origins of the Martinek family
The surname Martinek was first found in Bohemia, where the name is thought to have emerged. It was likely first borne by a son of someone named Martin during the Middle Ages, when hereditary surnames were first beginning to emerge in the region. The young Martinek family was instrumental during this turbulent period, figuring prominently in the early history of the region and contributing greatly to the development of medieval Bohemian society.
Early History of the Martinek family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Martinek research. Another 137 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1793, 1795, 1865, 1683, 1724 and 1836 are included under the topic Early Martinek History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Martinek Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Martinek, Martinec, Martunka, Martineck and others.
Early Notables of the Martinek family (pre 1700)
Another 30 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Martinek Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Martinek is the 16,091st most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Martinek migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Martinek Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Josef Martinek, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906 
- Frank Martinek, who landed in Minnesota in 1892 
Contemporary Notables of the name Martinek (post 1700) +
- Lisa Martinek (1972-2019), German actress who appeared in about 80 film and television productions since 1993
- Radek Martinek (b. 1976), defenseman for the New York Islanders from Havlicko, Czechoslovakia
- CharlesMark Martinek, co-founders of Martinek Manufacturing Company in California
- Walther Martinek (1889-1964), well-known writer
- Robert Martinek (1889-1944), Austrian army general
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)