Marsico History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Marsico family
The surname Marsico was first found in Sorrento, anciently Surrentum, a city of Campania, Italy, which stands on the cliffs between the Bays of Naples and Salerno. The ancient city contained the temples of Athena and of the Sirens. It is famous for its wines and red Campanian vases. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. Sylvester of Marsico(born c. 1100), Count of Marsico, was a Norman nobleman of the Kingdom of Sicily. The family is later recorded in 1274 when Bartolomo Maresca held estates in Sorrento.
Important Dates for the Marsico family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Marsico research. Another 65 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 173 and 1733 are included under the topic Early Marsico History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Marsico Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Maresca, Maricia, Marecia, Maresi, Marseco and many more.
Early Notables of the Marsico family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Marsico Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Marsico family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Antonino Maresca, who arrived at New York on May. 2, 1892, aboard the "Rugia"; Carmine Maresca, who arrived in American on Jan. 8, 1883, aboard the ".
Contemporary Notables of the name Marsico (post 1700)
- Miles Anthony Marsico (b. 1987), American actor, best known for his role as "Anton" in the movie Stuart Little (1999)
- Ronald S. "Ron" Marsico (b. 1947), American politician, Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives (1989-)
- Tony Marsico (b. 1957), American musician, bassist for the Cruzados
- Victor Marsico, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1952 
- Mike Marsico, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 2000 
- Janet Marsico, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1940 
Historic Events for the Marsico family
- Signore Giovanni De Marsico (d. 1912), aged 20, English Asst. Waiter from Soho, London who worked aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking 
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 4) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Titanic Passenger List - Titanic Facts. (Retrieved 2016, July 13) . Retrieved from http://www.titanicfacts.net/titanic-passenger-list.html