on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, French, Italian, Spanish
Where did the French Marin family come from? What is the French Marin family crest and coat of arms? When did the Marin family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Marin family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Marin, Maret, Marinette, Marinier, Marignier and many more.
First found in Brittany.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Marin research. Another 102 words(7 lines of text) covering the years 1429, 1697, 1705, 1755, and 1763 are included under the topic Early Marin History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 142 words(10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Marin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Luis Marín, who accompanied Cortés to Mexico in the 1520s
- Bartolomé Marín, who arrived in Honduras in 1551
- Catalina Marín, who arrived in Nicaragua in 1561
- Juan Marín, who arrived in New Spain in 1577
Marin Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Diego Marín de Negrón, an early governor of the La Plata region of Argentina, in 1613 he founded Argentina's first university, in Cordoba
- Eliza Marín, who arrived in Virginia in 1655
- Eliz Marin, who arrived in Virginia in 1656
Marin Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Susan Marin, who arrived in Virginia in 1707
- Matthew Marin, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1798
Marin Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonia Marín, who arrived in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1813
- Antonia Marin, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1813
- Jeronimo De Marin, who arrived in America in 1815
- Santiago Marin, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1816
- Diego Marin, who landed in America in 1817
Marin Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Claude Marin, who landed in Canada in 1632-1760
- Gilles Marin married in Pointe-aux-Trembles, Quebec in 1685
- Madeleine Marin married in Beauceville, Quebec in 1698
- John Marin (1870-1953), American modernist artist
- Rosario Marin (b. 1958), Treasurer of the United States from 2001 to 2003
- Maguy Marin (b. 1951), French dancer and choreographer
- Christian Marin (1929-2012), French film actor from Lyon
- Manuel Marín (b. 1949), Spanish politician and former President of the Congress of Deputies of Spain
- Guadalupe Marín (1895-1983), Mexican model and novelist
- Diego Marín (1757-1799), Spanish inventor and an early aviation pioneer
- José Luis Alberto Muñoz Marín (1898-1980), Puerto Rican poet, journalist, statesman and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Mr. Jovan Marin (d. 1914), Croatian Third Class Passenger from Zagreb, Croatia who was traveling aboard the Empress of Ireland and died in the sinking on May 29th 1914
- Julieta Octavia Marín Torres (1944-2015), Mexican politician from the Institutional Revolutionary Party
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Marin Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Marin Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 March 2015 at 12:54.
on orders of $85 or more