Maranon History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Maranon family
The surname Maranon was first found in Navarre, one of the medieval Christian kingdoms of northern Spain.
Early History of the Maranon family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Maranon research. Another 218 words (16 lines of text) covering the year 1516 is included under the topic Early Maranon History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Maranon Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Maranon, Marano, Marrano and others.
Early Notables of the Maranon family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Maranon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Maranon migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Maranon Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Jeronimo Maranon, who arrived in Spanish Main in 1559
- Esteban de Maranon, who, along with his wife Lucia de Aranda and their children Sancho, Diego and Catalina, who arrived in Peru in 1578
- Francisco de Maranon, who arrived in Spanish Main in 1597
Maranon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Basilio Maranon, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1881 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Maranon (post 1700) ||+|
- Gregorio Maranon (1887-1960), Spanish essayist
- Alfredo G. Marañon Jr. (1935-2020), Filipino politician from Sagay City who served as Governor of Negros Occidental
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)