Maniscalco History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Maniscalco name is derived from the word "maniscalco," meaning "marshall," from medieval Latin mariscalcus, marescalcus; as such it was likely an occupational name.
Early Origins of the Maniscalco family
The surname Maniscalco was first found in Bergamo in Lombardy, capital of the province of Bergamo, home to the Romanesque church of S.Maria Maggiore that is filled with fine art. The Piazza Garibaldi has notable architecture. From 1264 it was under Milan, but in 1428 it became Venetian. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Maniscalco family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Maniscalco research. Another 175 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1418, 1425, 1819 and 1829 are included under the topic Early Maniscalco History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Maniscalco Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Miniscalchi, Maniscalchi, Manicucci, Manniscucci, Minicucci and many more.
Early Notables of the Maniscalco family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Maniscalco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Maniscalco migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Maniscalco Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonino Maniscalco, aged 29, who immigrated to the United States from Roccamena, in 1897
- Antonio Maniscalco, aged 15, who immigrated to America, in 1897
- Benedetto Maniscalco, aged 15, who immigrated to the United States from Burgio, in 1899
Maniscalco Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonino Maniscalco, aged 47, who landed in America from Villavranca Licula, in 1902
- Alberto Maniscalco, aged 18, who immigrated to America from Sciacca, in 1903
- Accursio Maniscalco, aged 44, who settled in America from Sciacco, in 1906
- Antonino Maniscalco, aged 35, who settled in America from Alessandria Rocca, Sicily, in 1908
- Agata Maniscalco, aged 11, who immigrated to the United States from Palermo, Sicily, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Maniscalco (post 1700) +
- Sebastian Maniscalco, American stand-up comedian
- Anthony C. Maniscalco, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Gurnee, Illinois, 2009 
- Albert V. Maniscalco (1908-1998), American Democrat politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Richmond County 2nd District, 1939-42; Borough President of Richmond, New York, 1955-65 
- Fabio Maniscalco (1965-2008), Italian archaeologist
Related Stories +