Mammone History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Mammone family
The surname Mammone was first found in Assisi of Umbria. St Francis was the notable who died here 1226. The Franciscan Monastery was completed in 1253. Assisi was also the birthplace of the Roman poet Propertius. The town is built over the temple of Minerva. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Mammone family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mammone research.Another 203 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1223, 1274 and 1437 are included under the topic Early Mammone History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mammone Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Mammone, Mamone, Mamon, Mamoni, Mammoni, Mamono, Mammono and many more.
Early Notables of the Mammone family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mammone Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Mammone family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mammone Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Domenico Mammone, aged 17, who landed in America from Guardavalle, Italy, in 1907
- Agostino Mammone, aged 22, who settled in America from Cittanova, Italy, in 1911
- Elisabetta Mammone, aged 50, who settled in America from Valle Feorita, Italy, in 1912
- Joseph Mammone, who settled in New York, NY in 1913
- Angelo Raffle Mammone, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States from Mongiano, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Mammone (post 1700)
- Richard J. Mammone (b. 1953), American engineer and inventor with over 15 patents, a specialist in computational pattern recognition and signal processing
- Mario Mammone (b. 1959), Italian Jazz musician
- Robert Mammone, Australian television and film actor, best known for his roles in The Matrix film series
Mammone Family Crest Products