on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Malave was first found in Lombardy
(Italian: Lombardia), a territorial, industrialized division of Italy south of the Alps. It is the most political active. Milan is the chief city, followed by Mortera, Pavia and Mantua. Silk is the principal trade. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Malabarba, Melabarba, Malabraba, Milabarba and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Malave research. Another 171 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Malave History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Malave Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Malave Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Consuela Malave, aged 3, who settled in America, in 1918
- Jose R. Malave, aged 0, who emigrated to the United States, in 1918
- Juan Malave, aged 6, who landed in America, in 1918
- Luz Malave, aged 4, who emigrated to America, in 1918
- Maria R. Malave, aged 30, who landed in America, in 1918
- Omar Antonio Malave (b. 1963), former American first base coach for the Toronto Blue Jays
- Edwin Malave (b. 1950), American boxer and actor
- Dennis Malavé (b. 1980), Venezuelan Major League Baseball bullpen catcher
- Alejandro González Malave (1958-1986), Puerto Rican undercover agent
- José Francisco Malave (b. 1971), former Venezuelan Major League Baseball outfielder
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today, 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-0900455-209).
- Glazier, Ira A. and P. Williams Filby Edition. Italians to America. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Colletta, John P. Finding Italian Roots The Complete Guide for Americans. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2003. Print.
- Fucilla, Josheph G. Our Italian Surnames. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0806311878).
- Bascapè, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Dizionario Biografico degli Italiani. Rome Istituto della Enciclopedia Italiana 56 volumesr. Print.
- Di Crollalanza, G.B. Dizionario Storico-Blasonico Delle Famiglie Nobili e Notabili Italiane 3 volumes. Pisa. Print.
The Malave Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Malave Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 March 2013 at 15:39.
on orders of $85 or more