Majewski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Majewski surname is a habitational name, taken on from any of the places in Poland named "Majewo," derived from the Polish term "maj" meaning "May."
Early Origins of the Majewski family
The surname Majewski was first found in Sandomierz where a bearer of the name Majewski, who was of the Clan Starykon resided in 1540. The Majewski surname has been born by members of the Polish clans (herbu) Dosluga, Jastrzebiec, Lew, Labedz, Nalcez, Zadora, and Starykon.
Early History of the Majewski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Majewski research. Another 166 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1765, 1768, 1775, 1782, 1809, 1816, and 1834 are included under the topic Early Majewski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Majewski Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Majewski, Majewsky, Majewska, Macejewski and many more.
Early Notables of the Majewski family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Majewski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Majewski is the 8,462nd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Majewski migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Majewski Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Adam Majewski, aged 18, who landed in America from Wotzka, Russia, in 1907
- Bronislaw Majewski, aged 10, who settled in America, in 1909
- Antoni Majewski, aged 39, who immigrated to America from Chorza, Russia, in 1909
- Edmunt Majewski, aged 23, who immigrated to the United States from Znajow, Russia, in 1910
- Adam Majewski, aged 25, who landed in America from Rabolnia, Russia, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Majewski (post 1700) ||+|
- Walter Val Majewski (b. 1981), American Major League Baseball player
- Lech Majewski (b. 1953), American (Polish born) film and theatre director, writer, poet, and painter
- Walter Majewski, American politician, Candidate for Michigan State Senate 3rd District, 1940; Candidate for Presidential Elector for Michigan, 1940 
- Stephen A. Majewski, American Democratic Party politician, Mayor of Hamtramck, Michigan, 1926-28; Candidate for Circuit Judge in Michigan 3rd Circuit, 1935; Candidate in primary for U.S. Representative from Michigan 1st District, 1936 
- Marianne Majewski, American Republican politician, Member of Michigan Republican State Central Committee, 1979 
- Karen Majewski (b. 1955), American politician, Mayor of Hamtramck, Michigan, 2006 
- Juanita J. Majewski, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1984 
- Bernard L. Majewski, American politician, Delegate to Illinois convention to ratify 21st amendment, 1933 
- Stefan Majewski (b. 1956), Polish football player and manager
- Andrzej Majewski (b. 1966), Polish aphorist, writer, columnist and photographer
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)